House renovation can become a stressful time with contradicting suggestions, an overwhelming amount of choice, and rising costs. However, when planned out carefully, it becomes a pleasant experience watching your house slowly get a new look. Here are some tips that will make your house renovation less of a hassle and more of an enjoyment.
1. Crosscheck the contractor: Getting the right contractor will set the tone for how your entire experience goes, so make sure you find someone well recommended. If they have provided references, make full use of these, call them, and ask about the contractor. This doesn’t mean just his work skills but also how well he listens to the clients because you will be in constant contact with him.
2. Plan Ahead: This rule works well in any area of life. Don’t wait for the contractor to give you options. Browse the internet and talk to friends because the last thing you want is to end up spending a lot of money because you keep changing your mind.
3. House Rules: During your home renovation, there will be a lot of strangers going in and out of your house who you can’t keep an eye on. If you have any rules such as not smoking in the house, make it known right from the start.
4. Details Matter: Make sure that every detail of the entire home renovation is taken down in writing by your contractor before you start with the work or put in your money. There is nothing worse than going into this harrowing time and then finding out that one part of your idea isn’t jotted down in your contract, so you have to end up paying an additional amount for it.
5. Clean the Mess: It is extremely important that the renovation crew cleans up every single day regardless of whether they will come back and create another mess or not. In most cases, the renovation will create a huge amount of dust and if it is left untended to, it will enter your heating or cooling system. This can lead to any amount of health problems.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7938486